Sunday, November 17, 2013

12 Mile Group Run

This morning I met up with a bunch of running friends over toward Richmond Hill.  We ran on the road in a housing development off Ogeechee Road.  The route was a bit over 12 miles, and I figured I'd have to take a lot of walk breaks to ease my knee pain.  I didn't even bother bringing my Garmin.  Surprise!  I ran all 12.65 miles, and only had a bit of mild I.T. band pain in the right knee.  I'm not sure if a slow-paced 12 mile run counts as "rest" per se, but I was a good girl afterwards and iced both knees and took some ibuprofen.  I estimate I was running about a 9:30 pace today.  On Thursday I ran a 7-mile progression run, starting around a 9:30 and ending with a sub-7:00 mile, and my knee was killing me afterwards.  So either I've healed a lot in the past 3 days, or the faster turnover is much more irritating to my knee.  Either way, it's good news for Epic 24 Hour, as I will definitely not be running faster than I did this morning!

Wore my ProCompression socks, Altra Intuition shoes, Underarmor shorts, and Northface shirt and fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment