Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thanksgiving

It's been a tough couple of weeks, but I finally made it through another semester.  I went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving and had a great time with them and my brother.  Although I was tapering for One Epic Run (race recap coming soon!), I got a few nice little trail runs in.  I ran 3 miles Thursday and 5 miles Friday, with a yoga class Saturday and a 4.5 mile walk on Sunday.  It was good practice for running in cold weather too, with the temperatures up north barely topping freezing!  It was great getting the chance to run with my dad and brother.  My brother is a super trail runner and 3:03 marathoner who paced me for 40 miles at the Pinhoti 100, and my dad is an experienced hiker who recently ran his first half marathon in 2:04- at age 68!  I love that my family is so supportive of my running- although they sometimes think I take it to extremes, they are super proud of what I've accomplished.  I'm definitely thankful to have them in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment